Eating a nourishing meal while traveling is usually just a matter of being creative with your choices. I’m all for the occasional indulgence, but like that clean, vibrant feeling that eating well provides.
When healthy options are lacking, create them!
- Ask to have your entree grilled or steamed, light on oil
- See if the chef can create a veggie platter for you
- Ask for sauce to be light or on the side
- Forgo sauce and season with a squeeze of lemon, olive oil and a pinch of salt
- Go piece meal: Instead of ordering an entree, scan the appetizers, soups and salads. There are often healthy options that you can play around with to create your meal
I hope the yummy piece meal lunch photos I took while traveling over the weekend inspire you to eat delicious meals that make you feel great. Note: I should have asked them not to bring the bread. I didn’t eat it and it went to waste. Other times I’ve eaten it all and suffered the results of my gluten intolerance.
Send me your other travel food thoughts. I’m a sponge for this stuff!